This is the perfect main course if you are entertaining if either you (or a guest) are following a low-FODMAP or gluten free diet, – just multiply the ingredients to suit your number of guests.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
200g beef sirloin steak
2 tbsp chopped parsley
400g tinned tomatoes
40g parmesan grated
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sugar
1. Start by making the polenta. In a large saucepan bring to the boil 250ml of water, add ½ tsp of salt and the polenta. Cook for 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the grated parmesan and 15g of butter. Pour onto a baking tray about 20 x 30 and leave to cool and set.
2. While the polenta is cooling make the tomato sauce. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add the tomatoes and sugar. Season to taste and simmer for 15 minutes. Sir in the chopped parsley.
3. When the sauce has been cooking for 10 minutes cook the steak. Trim off any excess fat, rub in some cumin on both sides, season well with salt and pepper. In a frying pan heat 1 tbsp of olive oil, when the oil is hot add the steak and fry for 3 minutes on both sides. Remove and set aside on a wooden board to rest.
4. Slice the polenta into triangles and heat them under the grill for a couple of minutes on both sides.
5. Wash the spinach and sauté until wilted in a little olive oil. Season to taste.
6. Slice the beef into 1.5 cm slices and serve with the polenta, tomato sauce and spinach. Season with salt and pepper to taste.