This is a fast, delicious and nutritious recipe to help you look after your heart.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Top green part of 5 spring onions
100 g Chinese cabbage
25g fresh coriander
25g ginger peeled and grated
125g rice noodles
300g salmon fillets
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp soft brown sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Peel and finely grate 1 tbsp of ginger. In a large bowl mix together the soy sauce, brown sugar and ginger. Add the salmon fillets and coat well. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- While the fish is marinating prepare the vegetables for the stir fry. Finely slice two handfuls of the Chinese cabbage and set aside. Cut the green part of the spring onions into 1cm lengths and finely slice the radishes. Finely chop 2 tbsp of coriander.
- Remove the fish fillets from the marinade and transfer to a roasting tin, put them in the oven for 15 minutes until just cooked through. Keep the remaining marinade to one side.
- While the fish is cooking bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the rice noodles and simmer for 3 minutes then drain, rinse in cold water and set aside until needed.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add the radishes, spring onions and cabbage. Stir fry on a high heat for 3 minutes then mix in the noodles, chopped coriander and remaining marinade. Season to taste.
- When the fish is ready break it up and serve on top of the noodles with a sprinkle of coriander.
Tips: There are many types of rice noodles on the market, some easier to cook than others! The secret to preventing them getting sticky is to rinse them in cold water after cooking. Some cooking times may vary.