This hearty nutritious soup is a great way to warm up on a cold Winter’s day.
Preparation time 10 minutues
Cooking time 20 minutes
3 medium carrots
2 celery stick
50g grated parmesan
400ml tin of tomatoes
80g gluten free rice pasta
2 tbsp tomato puree
900ml chicken stock
2 tbsp olive oil
1 handful of basil leaves
1. Wash and finely slice the celery
2. Peel the potatoes and carrots and cut in to small cubes
3. In a large heavy based saucepan heat 2 tbsp of olive oil, add the carrots, potatoes and celery, fry for 4 minutes.
4. Add the tomato puree, chopped tomatoes and stock. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the pasta and simmer for a further 15 minutes.
5. While the soup id cooking remove the stalks from the kale and roughly chop. Add the kale to the soup and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, grated parmesan, torn basil leaves and gluten free bread.
For those not following a low-FODMAP diet you can replace the gluten free pasta with either wholemeal pasta shells or Puy lentils. Add the lentils at the same time as the tinned tomatoes and stock.